Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-too-many-reqs-04.txt> (Too Many Requests Response Code for the Constrained Application Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:14:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Too Many Requests Response Code
for the Constrained Application
   Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-core-too-many-reqs-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) server can experience
   temporary overload because one or more clients are sending requests
   to the server at a higher rate than the server is capable or willing
   to handle.  This document defines a new CoAP Response Code for a
   server to indicate that a client should reduce the rate of requests.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-too-many-reqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-too-many-reqs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.