Subject: [core] Comments on draft-hartke-t2trg-coral-reef-03

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:03:59 -0800

I have sent this to core rather than T2TRG because I think that it is more
appropriate.

*  It would be nice to add a note to the top of the document pointing to the
repository you are using, if you are using one.

* I am having a problem with you saying that you are defining a new
well-known resource.  "/.well-known/core" has already been defined.  It
would be better to say you are expanding the capabilities I think.

*  In the first example in the document (page 4), I believe that you should
be able to return "ct TBD3" as part of the "/sensors" resource.   This may
or may not be covered by this document so I am not sure if you think it
would be allowable or not.  Specifically, I believe that any place you can
currently use application/link-format you should be able to use REEF

* At the end of section 2.1, second to last paragraph - The last clause in
the last sentence has a problem with matching the pronoun back to the
correct subject.  On first read I matched one back to schema not to the
details.  I think that use of a semicolon would fix this problem.

* In section 2.2, the registration interface is currently missing the query
parameters.  The big ones would be ep (endpoint name) and d (domain), you
should not need base because that can be represented in the CoRAL document.
About the time I got to section 5.2 on the second pass, I realized that you
did not deal with endpoint registration and queries at all.  This is a
needed feature.

*  There should however be a statement that the link for an rd-item when
registering MUST NOT only be a path comment.

* I think there should be a statement that only the first base directive can
include schema + authority information.  This is because you are only
supposed to register resources for one entity at a time.

* Section 3 - I am not sure you want to use the word "identifier" in the
description of title.  That is not normally how I think of a title.   I
would probably also use "title" rather than "label" in both paragraphs.

* Section 3 - you need to give me something to better distinguish between
#type and #ct as they both seem to say the same thing to me.

* Section 3 - you need to say something about how to deal with #ct for
multiple values.  I am not sure about #if

* Section 3 - I think that you should have all of the tags in this section.
For example rd-item and rd-unit.  

*  General - I know that this is supposed to be what is going to happen, an
?rt= query option is going to be the same as reef#rt, but I don't think
there is anyplace in this document that makes that statement.  

Jim