Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 12:04:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : FETCH & PATCH with Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML)
        Authors         : Ari Keranen
                          Mojan Mohajer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-12-27

Abstract:
   The Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML) media type and data model can be
   used to send collections of resources, such as batches of sensor data
   or configuration parameters.  The CoAP FETCH, PATCH, and iPATCH
   methods enable accessing and updating parts of a resource or multiple
   resources with one request.  This document defines new media types
   for the CoAP FETCH, PATCH, and iPATCH methods for resources
   represented with the SenML data model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-etch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 20:11:42 +0000

Hi,

This update addresses the IESG review comments from Warren, Barry, Alissa, Eric, and Roman, and the gen-art, IoT directorate, an ops directorate review comments.

The discuss from Adam and couple of comments from Ben still need to be addressed in a new revision, but we wanted to get this version out now so that the other ADs can check that their comments are addressed and the group can review all the changes so far in context.

Summary of updates:
* Re-wrote Fragment ID section; added examples
* Clarified: Fetch needs at least one Record and Name 
* Clarified: Patch Records MUST contain Value or Sum 
* Clarified: CoAP provides the security for FETCH/PATCH
* Clarified: iPATCH and PATCH are equivalent here
* Return empty Pack when no matches to FETCH
* IANA registration clarifications
* Added selecting records by unit
* Editorial fixes

Cheers,
Ari

> On 27. Dec 2019, at 22.04, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 11:07:26 +0000

Thank you Ari for addressing the comments in Matthias' IoT-directorate review as well for replying to him on the mailing list on his other comments.

Thank you again Matthias ;-)

I wish you a wonderful 2020 !

-éric

On 27/12/2019, 21:12, "Ari Keränen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi,

    
    Summary of updates:

    Cheers,
    Ari