Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-24.txt> (CoRE Resource Directory) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 06:10:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'CoRE Resource Directory'
  <draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-31. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In many IoT applications, direct discovery of resources is not
   practical due to sleeping nodes, disperse networks, or networks where
   multicast traffic is inefficient.  These problems can be solved by
   employing an entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which contains
   information about resources held on other servers, allowing lookups
   to be performed for those resources.  The input to an RD is composed
   of links and the output is composed of links constructed from the
   information stored in the RD.  This document specifies the web
   interfaces that a Resource Directory supports for web servers to
   discover the RD and to register, maintain, lookup and remove
   information on resources.  Furthermore, new target attributes useful
   in conjunction with an RD are defined.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.