Subject: [core] IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 10:45:59 +0100

Dear all,

Most of you now know that the IETF107 face-to-face meeting was cancelled:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/XenAlx4Nw6Jmg69QpXRUOwbzsXY

Your IETF registration fees will be fully refunded:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/WnC93yQanxb1GhOGYU97vFxc5RU

Be sure to cancel your hotel and your flight as well, even in case of
non-refundable booking. Some airlines are making accommodations such as
keeping the paid amount in a fund that can be used for other tickets in
2020.

As to the way forward, and quoting the cancellation mail: "The IESG is
working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of March 21-27
with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time zones of as many
participants as possible."

We have been asked to hold off making arrangements for replacement
(virtual) meetings until the IESG has taken a decision on this. Once we
know more, we will provide to the list information about a replacement
for the CoRE sessions.

We hope that the overall situation gets better and back to normality
well before IETF108, so that we can enjoy the meeting in Madrid. For the
time being and before then, we will resort to online meetings as much as
needed.

Marco and Jaime

-- 
Marco Tiloca
Ph.D., Senior Researcher

RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
Division ICT
Isafjordsgatan 22 / Kistagången 16
SE-164 40 Kista (Sweden)

Phone: +46 (0)70 60 46 501
https://www.ri.se