Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 19:02:33 +0100

Hello CoRE,

We have submitted an updated version of draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for
discovering OSCORE groups and retrieving information to join them
through their Group Manager.

This update is especially about:

1) Addressing the review at [1] from Jim (thanks!).

2) Registration of an additional link, to the ACE Authorization Server
associated to the Group Manager.

3) Examples in CoRAL.

Comments are welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/FoNCVZtIRzYhv4Imx6e87ZoFk0w/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05.txt
Date: 	Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:16:06 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>, Peter van der Stok
<[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 05
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2020-03-09
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 26
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-05

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Group Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (Group OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may
not know the exact OSCORE groups to join, the respective Group
Manager, or other information required to perform the joining
process. This document describes how a CoAP endpoint can use
descriptions and links of resources registered at the CoRE Resource
Directory to discover OSCORE groups and to acquire information for
joining them through the respective Group Manager. A given OSCORE
group may protect multiple application groups, which are separately
announced in the Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a
pool of resources. This approach is consistent with, but not limited
to, the joining of OSCORE groups based on the ACE framework for
Authentication and Authorization in constrained environments.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat