Subject: [core] issues for stateless AD review

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:14:41 -0400

With Klaus' blessing, I have turned the remaining DISCUSS points into issues.
I list them below.
I will begin posting them to the list for discussion in an hour or so along
with some proposed changed text (pull requests).

Barry: Quite a number of points were already dealt with, but we need confirmation
       from the AD that they were dealt with.  If needed, I can collect those into
       an email.

It seems that all of the comments from Roman were dealt with, possibly with
the exception of issue 9 ("look ma, no state"), which seems like a "wontfix".

Roman had cleared his DISCUSS.
The second DISCUSS was from Erik Kline.

Here is the list of issues.  The titles are mine.

#3  is stateless updating 7252 on distinguishing unrecognized vs invalid extension?
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/3

#4  how does freshness window of client/intermediate interact?
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/4

#5  lack of integrity protection results in spoofed responses
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/5

#6  can larger tokens fill responder memory?
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/6

#7  how to size the replay window?
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/7

#8  use automated key management due to AES-CCM/BCP107
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/8

#9  look ma, no state!
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/9

#10 60 minutes for address change
    https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/10

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 23:16:37 +0200

> With Klaus' blessing, I have turned the remaining DISCUSS points into issues.

(And I sent some comments.)

Overall, I think we should generate I-D text for:

We should replace confusing I-D text here:

I think we can simply explain a wontfix on:

#9  look ma, no state!

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:47:20 -0400

> https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/8

I have created pull request #11 for this.
Please comment

    > #3 is stateless updating 7252 on distinguishing unrecognized vs invalid
    > extension?  https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/3

    > #9 look ma, no state!  https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/issues/9

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:49:52 +0200

> I have created pull request #11 for this.

A couple typos (pushed to the PR branch already) and two comments:

https://github.com/core-wg/stateless/pull/11/files

Grüße, Carsten