Subject: [core] RFC 8974 on Extended Tokens and Stateless Clients in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 12:21:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8974

        Title:      Extended Tokens and Stateless Clients 
                    in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) 
        Author:     K. Hartke, 
                    M. Richardson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates:    RFC 7252, RFC 8323

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-stateless-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8974

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8974

This document provides considerations for alleviating Constrained
Application Protocol (CoAP) clients and intermediaries of keeping
per-request state. To facilitate this, this document additionally
introduces a new, optional CoAP protocol extension for extended token
lengths. 

This document updates RFCs 7252 and 8323 with an extended definition
of the "TKL" field in the CoAP message header.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC