Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:53:32 +0100

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of 
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for 
discovering OSCORE groups, by retrieving the link to join them through 
their Group Manager.

This update is especially about:

1) Adding target attributes related to the pairwise mode of Group OSCORE.

2) Considering also additional types of clients querying the RD, e.g. 
signature verifiers in Group OSCORE.

3) Using the content-format "application/ace-groupcomm+cbor" for the 
links to join OSCORE groups.

4) Fixes and improvements in the examples.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08.txt
Date: 	Mon, 22 Feb 2021 08:58:59 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca 
<[email-masked]>, Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 08
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2021-02-22
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 33
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cea90a03cc7c24123548308d8d7532701%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496099423582420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=DoXzVcYi8IaOKiIzM6WLjUqb4DMpyQE6PTK9sxhpgUM%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cea90a03cc7c24123548308d8d7532701%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496099423587409%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=biebqoqEq4PIAxHqCF5CsLGaMKaXuHCejKRFxPWaHGI%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cea90a03cc7c24123548308d8d7532701%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496099423587409%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=q3Crv9FVCNJYIZhTIwijEEr5H4inGAmDw4uXPwpbn14%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cea90a03cc7c24123548308d8d7532701%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496099423587409%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=eEgrnOiHmXoF0Ew1vl%2FAKSeY3StOk8ZU%2By6YSYSJoek%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-08&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cea90a03cc7c24123548308d8d7532701%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496099423587409%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=r1pDHs6SsIWRGskPM85%2F8zR5Juuiye1mPKE0fF%2BPHBU%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Group Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (Group OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may
not know the exact security groups to join, the respective Group
Manager, or other information required to perform the joining
process. This document describes how a CoAP endpoint can use
descriptions and links of resources registered at the CoRE Resource
Directory to discover security groups and to acquire information for
joining them through the respective Group Manager. A given security
group may protect multiple application groups, which are separately
announced in the Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a
pool of resources. This approach is consistent with, but not limited
to, the joining of security groups based on the ACE framework for
Authentication and Authorization in constrained environments.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat