Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-15.txt> (CBOR Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:38:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR Encoding of Data Modeled
with YANG'
  <draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-17. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines encoding rules for serializing configuration
   data, state data, RPC input and RPC output, action input, action
   output, notifications and yang-data extension defined within YANG
   modules using the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC
   8949).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 12:22:57 -0500

The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful
    > Environments WG (core) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR
    > Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG' <draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-15.txt>
    > as Proposed Standard

draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher successfully uses this mechanism.
That is, we have "running code", to the extent that this document is about
transforming YANG into CBOR.

Our biggest challenge has been that the documents have taken so long to progress.

Please progress ASAP.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide