Subject: [core] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 00:39:40 -0800

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several SHOULDs (e.g., near the top of page 8, and again at the end
of Section 2.3) that left me wondering why an implementer would do something
other than what it says.  Since SHOULD offers a choice, some advice would be
helpful here.  Otherwise, maybe those ought to be MUSTs.  I suggest giving them
all a once-over to see if any such advice would be helpful to include.