Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:52:51 +0100

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an update for the draft "Proxy Operations for 
CoAP Group Communication".

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03

The document details the operations of CoAP proxies supporting CoAP 
group communication and addresses the related issues identified in 
Section 3.4 of [1].

In particular, a client can send a unicast CoAP group request to the 
proxy including a new Option to indicate to the proxy the time period to 
collect responses. Also a new Option is included in the servers' 
responses, to enable the client to distinguish the multiple responses it 
receives via the proxy, as well as the different servers originating them.

This update is especially about:

1) Extending the approach to cover also reverse-proxies as pointed out 
by Christian [2], and providing related examples in Appendix B.

2) Aligning the format of the server address information to the same 
encoding defined in [3]. Thanks to Christian for the suggestion, also 
from [2] !

3) More general rule for processing the OSCORE option when 
OSCORE-in-OSCORE is used between client and proxy, as in Appendix A.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis/

[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/Aoeiz7w0lv-unrnRgNjwFyOx_fY/

[3] 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-observe-multicast-notifications/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03.txt
Date: 	Mon, 22 Feb 2021 08:54:38 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Esko Dijk <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy
Revision: 03
Title: Proxy Operations for CoAP Group Communication
Document date: 2021-02-22
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 36
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C4a9a81e67973414a688f08d8d7528c47%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496096827590626%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=emE7tAz0%2Bwsf8OdXiAWyhk1z5BWYyszBMZ3e1rWMMoY%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C4a9a81e67973414a688f08d8d7528c47%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496096827595601%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=zDMf9ku9kwZL0fAgc3GEanYj8QpOcGLGRMHnxU5bxEA%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C4a9a81e67973414a688f08d8d7528c47%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496096827595601%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=QNgUzrE%2FulQg4UHa%2BvBDjjVx0HFaJFKERhxH3xd8qhk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C4a9a81e67973414a688f08d8d7528c47%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496096827595601%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=l7D4Y9MWwyN78tLJhNB5YlvE9wSg5NR5zLsVuZOkibg%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-03&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C4a9a81e67973414a688f08d8d7528c47%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496096827595601%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Z1PzgIN0%2BJgDiKX1IaxCy0OphSmQz0ZZ55TvO9kzZlY%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies the operations performed by a forward-proxy
or reverse-proxy, when using the Constrained Application Protocol
(CoAP) in group communication scenarios. Such CoAP proxy processes a
single request, sent by a CoAP client over unicast, and distributes
the request over IP multicast to a group of CoAP servers. It then
collects the individual responses from these CoAP servers and sends
these responses to the CoAP client such that the client is able to
distinguish the responses and their origin servers through addressing
information.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat