Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-new-block-10.txt> (Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Block-Wise Transfer Options for Faster Transmission) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 09:56:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Constrained Application
Protocol (CoAP) Block-Wise Transfer Options
   for Faster Transmission'
  <draft-ietf-core-new-block-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-04-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies alternative Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) Block-Wise transfer options: Q-Block1 and Q-Block2 Options.

   These options are similar to the CoAP Block1 and Block2 Options
   defined in RFC 7959, not a replacement for them, but do enable faster
   transmission rates for large amounts of data with less packet
   interchanges.  Also, Q-Block1 and Q-Block2 Options support faster
   recovery should any of the blocks get lost in transmission.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-new-block/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.