Subject: [core] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-versions-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 00:08:47 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-versions-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-versions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below one  non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated), and some nits.

Thanks to Jaime Jiménez for his shepherd's write-up (including the WG
consensus) even if I regret that no motivation is given about the intended RFC
status. Thank you Carsten for acknowledging Jaime's work.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 2.2 --
While the motivation for the update is explained, is there any reason why the
usual OLD TEXT / NEW TEXT is not used here?

== NITS ==

-- Section 2 --
Even with the warning in section 1.1, it took me a while to 'see' the Sigma
sign (and the &nbsp; were not helping). Suggest to 'show' it in section 1.1.
OTOH, congratulations for using the XMLv3 features for the SVG equivalent,
quite neat.

The whole text of this section is quite convoluted as it is a plain bit mask.