Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-new-block-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 05:13:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Block-Wise Transfer Options for Faster Transmission
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Jon Shallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-new-block-12.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2021-05-11

Abstract:
   This document specifies alternative Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) Block-Wise transfer options: Q-Block1 and Q-Block2 Options.

   These options are similar to, but distinct from, the CoAP Block1 and
   Block2 Options defined in RFC 7959.  Q-Block1 and Q-Block2 Options
   are not intended to replace Block1 and Block2 Options, but rather
   have the goal of enabling faster transmission rates for large amounts
   of data with fewer packet interchanges.  Also, the Q-Block1 and
   Q-Block2 Options support faster recovery should any of the blocks get
   lost in transmission.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-new-block/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-new-block-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-new-block-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-new-block-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/