Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 15:22:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CBOR Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG
        Authors         : Michel Veillette
                          Ivaylo Petrov
                          Alexander Pelov
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2021-06-24

Abstract:
   This document defines encoding rules for serializing configuration
   data, state data, RPC input and RPC output, action input, action
   output, notifications and the yang-data extension defined within YANG
   modules using the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC
   8949).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:41:31 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16

I went through the diff on this, and for draft-ietf-core-sid-16.txt, and I
see mostly editorial nits.  This is good.  I guess we are now just about to
submit to IESG?

Do we need a new shepherd?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:57:28 +0200

> On 2021-06-25, at 16:41, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Signed PGP part
> 

Sorry, I should have written an announcement mail.

Publication request was 2021-02-05
IETF Last-call was 2021-02-24 to 2021-03-17 (?)
Leading to an IANA - Not OK on the same date (?)
We got an “issues identified” from IANA at 2021-06-08
...and took some time to clear this up.
-16 is now essentially cleaned up wrt to the issue identified, which a clearer division of work between YANG-CBOR and core—SID.
So, overall, -16 was the completion of addressing IANA and AD comments.
The state is now AD followup; if and when Francesca is satisfied she could press the “IESG tele chat” button, which probably would give us a few more reviews and a telechat date in ?two weeks?.

> Do we need a new shepherd?

Yes, Marco (yang-cbor) and Jaime (core-sid) have stepped in, respectively.
Many thanks to them.

Grüße, Carsten