Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:34:41 +0200

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an update for the draft "Proxy Operations for 
CoAP Group Communication".

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04

The document details the operations of proxies supporting CoAP group 
communication and addresses the issues identified in [1].

In particular, a client can send a unicast CoAP group request to the 
proxy including a new Option to indicate to the proxy the time period to 
collect responses. Also a new Option is included in the servers' 
responses, to enable the client to separate and identify the multiple 
responses it receives via the proxy.

Following what discussed during the CoRE interim at [2], this update 
covers especially the following points.

1) The caching model at the proxy is now fully defined in this document 
(see Section 7). This has built on preliminary content originally in 
draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis and now moved here, with additional 
improvements and clarifications as suggested especially by Christian Amsüss.

2) Added further clarifications on how the proxy forwards back responses 
to the client "as they come", handling also possible multiple responses 
to a same group request from a same server in the group.

3) The appendix "Using OSCORE Between Client and Proxy" has been 
removed. At IETF 110 [3], it was agreed to have such an item separately 
and better defined in a separate draft, which is now available at [4] 
and is referred by this document.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-04#section-3.5

[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2021-core-07/session/core

[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-110-core-202103081700/

[4] 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-capable-proxies/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04.txt
Date: 	Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:22:50 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Esko Dijk <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy
Revision: 04
Title: Proxy Operations for CoAP Group Communication
Document date: 2021-07-12
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 43
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C556178caf1954687c92008d94559ae8e%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617073767977550%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=cJiLDyxA2IiiGKQwuQZnu4TuEBXirOUudVHPQlbhVhw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C556178caf1954687c92008d94559ae8e%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617073767977550%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=kCBttuHyNrb%2BMrboJ4bFw24EduBR4ql1g7m6gtquj6Q%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C556178caf1954687c92008d94559ae8e%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617073767977550%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=yFYFinBvVXZ0bKByNlQIMOFFGowp9wZA44kHpJQmQvk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-04&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C556178caf1954687c92008d94559ae8e%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617073767977550%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=MQ8OiHeF7JDvFM8Gq8nSxlBuupjcV991F2%2FtCWdKW%2BA%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies the operations performed by a forward-proxy
or reverse-proxy, when using the Constrained Application Protocol
(CoAP) in group communication scenarios. Such CoAP proxy processes a
single request, sent by a CoAP client over unicast, and distributes
the request over IP multicast to a group of CoAP servers. It then
collects the individual responses from these CoAP servers and sends
these responses to the CoAP client, in a way that allows the client
to distinguish the responses and their origin servers through
addressing information. This document updates RFC7252.

The IETF Secretariat