Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:30:25 +0200

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of 
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for 
discovering OSCORE groups and retrieving information to join them 
through their Group Manager.

This update is especially about aligning with the latest version -12 of 
draft-ietf-core-oscore-groupcomm , with respect to:

1) The names and semantics of parameters describing which algorithms, 
key formats, etc are used in the OSCORE group to discover.

2) Supporting the discovery of OSCORE groups that can use the group mode 
only, or the pairwise mode only, or both modes.

All examples throughout the document have been also updated accordingly.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09.txt
Date: 	Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:46:55 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca 
<[email-masked]>, Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 09
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2021-07-12
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 36
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C82b0200f3de54991995b08d94554a976%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617052207498325%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=LoEBCBf5Z0ExTRtrbDnA8hMuX%2FUf45R%2BXdpSnf%2F3hJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C82b0200f3de54991995b08d94554a976%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617052207498325%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=wquNTGqX1J2E9cOyQtEforDS2J1klU%2B0MdNtJR4tZbs%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C82b0200f3de54991995b08d94554a976%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617052207498325%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=gWYAj9AKhNEFE1a4ktCiLKdAgiXX94SEEj2daNUaNwM%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-09&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C82b0200f3de54991995b08d94554a976%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617052207498325%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=4yOBJP8UeUznI0ojg1hGZY9rUKiEtAlqa%2B0IzjaJ53o%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Group Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (Group OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may
not know the exact security groups to join, the respective Group
Manager, or other information required to perform the joining
process. This document describes how a CoAP endpoint can use
descriptions and links of resources registered at the CoRE Resource
Directory to discover security groups and to acquire information for
joining them through the respective Group Manager. A given security
group may protect multiple application groups, which are separately
announced in the Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a
pool of resources. This approach is consistent with, but not limited
to, the joining of security groups based on the ACE framework for
Authentication and Authorization in constrained environments.

The IETF Secretariat