Subject: [core] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 06:42:56 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Found terminology that should be reviewed for inclusivity:
 * Term "natively"; alternatives might be "built-in", "fundamental",
   "ingrained", "intrinsic", "original".
See https://www.rfc-editor.org/part2/#inclusive_language for background and
more guidance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 3.3. , paragraph 7, nit:
>  Section 6. The following examples shows the encoding of a 'hostname' leaf u
>                                    ^^^^^
You should probably use "show".

Section 4. , paragraph 2, nit:
> ta item (major type 5). A map is comprised of pairs of data items, with each
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you mean "comprises" or "consists of" or "is composed of"?

Section 4.1. , paragraph 5, nit:
> ection 3.3. The following examples shows the encoding of a 'system-state' co
>                                    ^^^^^
You should probably use "show".

Section 5.2. , paragraph 7, nit:
> e element -a byte string with a small number of bytes inside. For this case,
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Specify a number, remove phrase, use "a few", or use "some".

Section 6.8. , paragraph 2, nit:
> ized-key/key-data" (SID 1734) for user name "bob" and authorized-key "admin"
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^
It"s more common nowadays to write this noun as one word.

Section 6.9. , paragraph 6, nit:
> user" (SID 1730) corresponding to user name "jack". CBOR diagnostic notation
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^
It"s more common nowadays to write this noun as one word.

Document references draft-ietf-core-sid-15, but -16 is the latest available
revision.