Subject: [core] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:03:23 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Special thanks to Marco Tiloca for his shepherd's write-up, which contains a
good summary of the WG consensus and the doc reviews.

Please find below 2 non-blocking COMMENT points.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

A generic comment about the operational issue of supporting TWO ways to encode
a data node: either normal string or the SID. This means that either there is a
2-way negotiation mechanism or that all CORE nodes must support both encoding
and have agreed on a common SID mappings. Section 7 only briefly touches this
issue with "Content-Type" but not with "Accept".

-- Section 4.2.1 & 4.4.1 --
BTW, I like the idea of encoding a container with sequential SID and the delta
CBOR encoding ;-)