Subject: [core] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 12:15:12 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any generic guidance to provide on expected error handling behavior if:

-- ct (or bct) contains a number outside of the 0-65535 range, or an
unregistered value per the CoAP Content-Formats?

-- ct (or bct) contains a text value that is not a registered
Content-Format-String?

-- ct (or bct) contains a valid Content-Format-String, but an unregistered 
Content-Format?

Or is this application specific?