Subject: [core] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 05:09:41 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The references to IANA registries could be informative, since RFC7252
is already normatively cited.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 4. , paragraph 2, nit:
> t" fields (explanation/comments in parenthesis): * "60" (CoAP Content-Format
>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you mean "in parentheses"? "parenthesis" is the singular.

These URLs in the document can probably be converted to HTTPS:
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/senml
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/core-parameters
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-parameters
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 13:11:09 +0200

Hi Lars,

thank you for having a close look at the cogs and wheels here.

I don’t have a strong opinion, but I note that the registries are actually needed to make use of this document.  So I’d like to stick with a normative reference.  (Maybe we need to have something in the style guide about how normative IANA registry references are.)

[other typo ➔ https://github.com/core-wg/senml-data-ct/commit/a3f93]

> * http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types

Sigh:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/tools-discuss/KEgfMQuJGMOIz3LsCKYzNNClrz4/

(Four months later, straight from the horse’s mouth:

$ curl https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml8/reference.IANA.senml.xml
<reference anchor='SENML'
 target='http://www.iana.org/assignments/senml'>
<front>[…]

I don’t think it is productive to fix this manually on each build, but I did this now.)

Grüße, Carsten