Subject: [core] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 12:15:48 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-data-ct/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the updates in the -06 and the discussion to get there.
I'm happy with where things ended up, and have just one comment
after reading the diff:

The ABNF comment for the "Cleaned up" entries currently says
"leaving the parameter as mandatory", which is only true in a
very specific sense; "leaving the parameter as mandatory within
the grouping" or "leaving the parameter as mandatory when the
separator is present" might be more clear to a reader not focusing
on the specific context of the statement.

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 22:16:27 +0200

Thank you for all the great input!

> on the specific context of the statement.

Good point.
The best I came up with is:

 ; Cleaned up from [RFC-httpbis-semantics],
 ; leaving only SP as blank space,
 ; removing legacy 8-bit characters, and
-; leaving the parameter as mandatory:
+; leaving the parameter as mandatory with each semicolon:
 
Now the seed content of
https://github.com/core-wg/senml-data-ct/pull/11

Grüße, Carsten