Subject: [core] New Version Notification for draft-amsuess-core-transport-indication-03.txt

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 15:14:07 +0100

Hello CoRE,

as indicated in the 2022-02-24 interim, I've updated the document to
incorporate most of the recent input.

Changes I'd like to highlight are

* "the transport address indicated by" a URI is now a defined term that
  is used consistently (thus distinguishing the resource `/` on that
  server from the "socket" that the server has open), and

* considerations for the security of has-unique-proxy were added, but
  are not yet conclusive. Playing things through it's interesting that
  it wouldn't help much if the origin server said that the
  has-unique-proxy statement is good, but it's the server that gets
  redireced to whose ignorance becomes problematic.

  I'll keep pondering but don't expect to have a full solution before
  the cut-off -- the text there should anyway serve as a base for
  discussion.

  (Security text for the non-unique case have been improved, but this
  mess above doesn't spill over there).

Looking forward to discussing this in Vienna
Christian

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom