Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03.txt

From: Martine Sophie Lenders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:32:15 +0100

Hi!

We have published a new version of our DNS over CoAP draft. The most 
important changes are:

-  Clarify server selection to be out-of-band and define "core.dns" 
resource type in Section 3 and Section 8.2
- Add message manipulation considerations for DoC servers in Section 5.1
- Update Considerations for Unencrypted Use in Section 6

Klaus Hartke started a discussion about the direction of our current 
approach [1] which we currently deliberate about among the co-authors 
and will provide a response to it soon and will also pick up during our 
IETF 113 meeting presentation.

Additional feedback is, of course, always welcome.

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://github.com/anr-bmbf-pivot/draft-dns-over-coap/issues/18

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	New Version Notification for draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03.txt
Datum: 	Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:20:41 -0800
Von: 	[email-masked]
An: 	Thomas C. Schmidt <[email-masked]>, Cenk Gündoğan 
<[email-masked]>, Christian Amsüss 
<[email-masked]>, Matthias Wählisch <[email-masked]>, 
Cenk Gundogan <[email-masked]>, Christian Amsuess 
<[email-masked]>, Martine Lenders <[email-masked]>, 
Martine Sophie Lenders <[email-masked]>, Matthias Waehlisch 
<[email-masked]>, Thomas Schmidt <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Martine Lenders and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-lenders-dns-over-coap
Revision: 03
Title: DNS Queries over CoAP (DoC)
Document date: 2022-03-07
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 14
URL: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lenders-dns-over-coap/
Html: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03.html
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lenders-dns-over-coap
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lenders-dns-over-coap-03

Abstract:
This document defines a protocol for sending DNS messages over the
Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP). These CoAP messages are
protected by DTLS-Secured CoAP (CoAPS) or Object Security for
Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE) to provide encrypted DNS
message exchange for constrained devices in the Internet of Things
(IoT).

The IETF Secretariat