Subject: [cso] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

From: Michael Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:59:53 -0700

I have submitted a draft stating the problems and challenges associated with 
the process of establishing secure interconnections between authorized 
network nodes.  The network nodes can be located anywhere in a private or 
public network, directly connected or behind one or more levels of NAT. 
Establishing a secure interconnection in this environment entails the 
resolution of various issues such as authentication, peer discovery, virtual 
network address management, connection parameters determination, etc.

I believe the process of establishing secure interconnections between 
network nodes fits within the scope of CSO and would like to solicitate 
feedback and comments from the group regarding the draft.

Here is a link to the draft: 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Michael Ko and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename: draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement
Revision: 00
Title: Problem Statement for Dynamic Secure Interconnect
Creation date: 2011-10-14
WG ID: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
   This document examines the problems and challenges associated with
   the process of setting up secure interconnections between authorized
   network nodes.  The network nodes can be located anywhere in a
   private or public network, directly connected or behind one or more
   levels of NAT [NAT].  Setting up a secure interconnection in this
   environment entails the resolution of various issues such as
   authentication, peer discovery, virtual network address management,
   and connection parameters determination.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Michael Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:40:17 -0700

I have uploaded the draft titled "Problem Statement for VPN As A Service". 
This is a replacement for the "Problem Statement for Dynamic Secure 
Interconnect" draft mentioned in my earlier note.  You can download it at 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ko-vaas-problem-statement-01

VPN as a Service (VaaS) is envisioned as a way to either transition or 
complement existing ways of establishing VPN service between a set of sites 
or clients.  There are some fundamental differences between VaaS and the 
various forms of VPN today.  This draft examines the problems and challenges 
associated with the process of setting up secure connections between 
authorized network nodes which can be located anywhere in a private or 
public network, directly connected or behind one or more levels of NAT. 
Setting up a secure connection in this environment entails the resolution of 
various issues such as authentication, peer discovery, virtual network 
address management, routing information exchange and connection parameters 
determination.

I believe this draft is within the scope of CSO and your feedback and 
comments are most welcome.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Michael Ko
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:59 AM
Subject: [cso] Fw: New Version Notification 
fordraft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
cso mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cso