Subject: [cuss] Document Action: 'Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:02:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call
   Control Information in SIP'
  (draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-09.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs/

   Technical Summary

        This document introduces the transport of call control related User
        to User Information (UUI) using the Session Initiation Protocol
        (SIP), and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.
        Some SIP sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP
        application.  This application may have information that needs to be
        transported between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.
        In addition to interworking with the ISDN UUI Service, this extension
        will also be used for native SIP endpoints requiring application UUI.

    Working Group Summary
        The working group consensus on this document is solid.  Two
        WGLCs were held to ensure that all comments and feedback
        were accounted for.

    Document Quality
        This is a requirement document, as such there aren't any
        implementation details to list.  That said, the document has
        received a positive nod from major service provider and
        equipment vendors.

Personnel

Vijay Gurbani is the document's shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.