Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:41:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP
	Author(s)       : Keith Drage
                          Alan Johnston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in the
   "Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User
   Call Control Information in SIP" document.  As networks move to SIP
   it is important that applications requiring this data can continue to
   function in SIP networks as well as the ability to interwork with
   this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.  This document
   defines a usage of the User-to-User header field to enable
   interworking with this ISDN service.

   This document covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG
   will also be addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:49:45 +0100

I have just posted a new version of this document based on the proposals I made last week.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt 

The changes are summarized as follows:

   Changes since made in the creation of the
   draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02 version from the
   draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01 version.

      The inclusion of the "package" header field parameter has be
      downgraded to "RECOMMENDED", with the purpose stated as being for
      interworking.  Changes have been made to the procedures at the
      receiving side to allow for the non-inclusion of the "package"
      header field parameter.  The effect of this is that the absence of
      the "package" header field parameter means by default the use of
      the "uui-isdn" package.

      Clarification that the package is not to be used on re-INVITE
      transactions or on other transations within an INVITE dialog.

      Further clarification on using this package in conjunction with
      other packages.

      Closure of the remaining open issue relating to use of UUS1 in
      conjunction with the ISDN conference service - UUS1 is not
      possible after the conference is created.

      A number of editorial changes have been made.

Differences from the previous version can be more fully identified here (or using any of the other differences tools on the tools page):

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt 

Obviously the contents are dependent on any changes currently being discussed on the mechanism draft, so I expect to issue another version if revisions there require it.

In any case, any comments or issues are welcome.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 27 February 2012 17:42
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-02.txt
> 
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for
> SIP Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss