Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 08:04:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP
	Author(s)       : Keith Drage
                          Alan Johnston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-05-04

   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in the
   "Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User
   Call Control Information in SIP" document.  As networks move to SIP
   it is important that applications requiring this data can continue to
   function in SIP networks as well as the ability to interwork with
   this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.  This document
   defines a usage (a new package) of the User-to-User header field to
   enable interworking with this ISDN service.

   This document covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG
   will also be addressed.

   The package is identified by a new value "isdn-uui" of the "purpose"
   header field parameter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn/

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 17:26:51 +0200

I've just issued a new version of this document.

There should be no surprises here.

The changes are essentially to align with the new version of draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui that you will have also just seen, essentially to change the "package" header field parameter to the "purpose" header field parameter. There is one new sentence explaining the relationship between header field parameter and packages. 

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 04 May 2012 16:04
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt

_______________________________________________
cuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:14:19 +0200

Hello,

Thank you for this update. I would have 2 comments:

- In relationship with the change of parameter name from "package" to "purpose" and its application to ISDN draft, the value of "purpose" header field parameter is still set to "isdn-uui", would it be possible to come back to previous "isdn-interwork" value in order to allow a backward compatibility with draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-08 on which several implementations are based? 

- Additionally, in Section 13 ("This document adds the following row to the "UUI packages" sub-registry of the SIP parameter registry"), should "UUI packages" name not be replaced by "UUI purposes" name as it deals with the IANA registration of the parameter value defined for ISDN?

Regards,

Celine Serrut-Valette
Orange Labs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
Envoyé : vendredi 4 mai 2012 17:27
À : [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-04.txt

Keith