Subject: [dane] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:40:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-28

   Many current applications use the certificate-based authentication
   features in TLS to allow clients to verify that a connected server
   properly represents a desired domain name.  Typically, this
   authentication has been based on PKIX certificate chains rooted in
   well-known CAs, but additional information can be provided via the
   DNS itself.  This document describes a set of use cases in which the
   DNS and DNSSEC could be used to make assertions that support the TLS
   authentication process.  The main focus of this document is TLS
   server authentication, but it also covers TLS client authentication
   for applications where TLS clients are identified by domain names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-use-cases-05.txt