Subject: [dane] draft-ietf-dane-protocol-09.txt for CNAME and wildcards

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:05:22 -0400

Greetings again. Jakob and I have updated the draft to better described the interaction of TLSA with CNAME and wildcards (see Appendix A). We apologize for punting on this in the previous draft. Comments on the additions are welcome.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Matt McCutchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:42:12 -0400

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 16:05 -0400, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Greetings again. Jakob and I have updated the draft to better
> described the interaction of TLSA with CNAME and wildcards (see
> Appendix A). We apologize for punting on this in the previous draft.
> Comments on the additions are welcome.

All you have done is describe what is currently possible by redirecting
or wildcarding TLSA RRsets based on the semantics of DNS.  The request
was to modify DANE to work with current deployments that use redirection
and wildcarding of hosts.  See
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/24 for a pretty
comprehensive statement of the problem.

-- 
Matt