Subject: Re: [dane] #34: Use with wildcards (i.e. *.googleusercontent.com)

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 18:39:55 -0000

#34: Use with wildcards (i.e. *.googleusercontent.com)

Changes (by warren@…):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Closing as per:
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg03712.html

 On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 16:16 -0400, Warren Kumari wrote:
 > #34:
 > This issue is low on details ("waiting on me to make either one or the
 > other proposal public..."), but much of this was discussed in #24
 > (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg03169.html) and
 > we think that the text in draft-ietf-dane-protocol-12 Appendix A.1,
 > A.1.1 addresses it. Going to close it as worksforme,

 As I discussed with OndÅej back when we were considering ticket #24, the
 problem is not solved: you cannot have different TLSA RRsets for
 different ports in combination with wildcard hostnames.  However, I've
 been slow in advancing either proposed solution, and it's not fair for
 this to hold the document up.  The functionality can be added in a later
 update, or even provided via a separate mechanism that composes with
 DANE.  So please feel free to mark the issue as not to be addressed in
 the initial DANE standard, but understand that it is not solved, nor
 have we made the decision not to ever solve it.

 --
 Matt

-- 
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  matt@…       |       Owner:  matt@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  protocol     |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/34#comment:2>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>