Subject: [dane] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-smtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:33:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Secure SMTP with TLS, DNSSEC and TLSA records.
	Author(s)       : Tony Finch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-smtp-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-01-25

Abstract:
   SMTP has a STARTTLS extension, but (especially in the case of inter-
   domain mail transfer) it only provides very limited security because
   it does not specify how to authenticate the server's certificate.
   This memo specifies how TLSA records in the DNS can be used for
   proper SMTP server authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smtp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/