Subject: [dane] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-srv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:59:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA records with SRV and MX records.
	Author(s)       : Tony Finch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-srv-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The DANE specification [RFC6698] describes how to use TLSA resource
   records in the DNS to associate a server's host name with its TLS
   certificate.  The association is secured with DNSSEC.  Some
   application protocols can use SRV records [RFC2782] to indirectly
   name the server hosts for a service domain.  (SMTP uses MX records
   for the same purpose.)  This specification gives generic instructions
   for how these application protocols locate and use TLSA records.
   Separate documents give the details that are specific to particular
   application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-srv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/