Subject: [dane] draft-wouters-dane-openpgp-02

From: Stephen Nightingale <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:48:14 -0400

We now have a DANE OpenPGP tester up and running in the HAD-Pilot
project at NIST.  Test descriptions are at
https://www.had-pilot.com/openpgp/.  The test target is
[email-masked].  The website describes tests for signing,
encrypting, authenticating and decrypting, and the associated DNS
lookups for your user@domain and our [email-masked].

If you provision your user, and do DNS lookups for our tester, you
should get correct responses for all 7 tests.

Without provisioning your user and domain in the DNS, you can
meaningfully run the tests:
- openpgp ping - returns a 'tester alive' message,
- openpgp signed - returns 'NXDOMAIN',
- openpgp request sign - returns a signed message for which you
                         don't have the public key.

We are trying to get some early users for the system, and wring it out
as needed.  Error behaviour tests will follow, sometime.

Cheers,

Stephen Nightingale.

---

From: "Rose, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 15:56:59 +0000

Also, the test tool uses 65280 as the RRType code for the OPENPGPKEY RR.  Once it is assigned an IANA registration number, we'll change it.

Scott

On Aug 6, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Nightingale <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dane mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dane

===================================
Scott Rose
NIST
[email-masked]
+1 301-975-8439
Google Voice: +1 571-249-3671
http://www.dnsops.gov/
===================================