Subject: [dane] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7929 (4768)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 21:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7929,
"DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Bindings for OpenPGP".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7929&eid=4768

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: James Manger <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.3.

Original Text
-------------
For example, if the OPENPGPKEY RR query for [email-masked]
(8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.com) yields a CNAME to
8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.net, and an OPENPGPKEY RR for
8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.net exists,

Corrected Text
--------------
For example, if the OPENPGPKEY RR query for [email-masked]
(c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.com) yields a CNAME to
c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.net, and an OPENPGPKEY RR for
c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.net exists,

Notes
-----
The example hash 8d57[...]b7 is wrong. It has been calculated with the wrong hash algorithm: SHA-224, instead of SHA-256. The correct hash is c93f[...]d6, which is shown in the example in section 3.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7929 (draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Bindings for OpenPGP
Publication Date    : August 2016
Author(s)           : P. Wouters
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:07:44 -0400 (EDT)

> "DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Bindings for OpenPGP".

The errata is correct :/

Paul

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 15:23:19 +0100

I just marked it verified.

S

On 08/08/16 15:07, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> The example hash 8d57[...]b7 is wrong. It has been calculated with the
>> wrong hash algorithm: SHA-224, instead of SHA-256. The correct hash is
>> c93f[...]d6, which is shown in the example in section 3.
>>
>> Instructions:
>> -------------