Subject: [dane] [Errata Verified] RFC7929 (4768)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 07:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7929,
"DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Bindings for OpenPGP". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7929&eid=4768

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: James Manger <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-08-08
Verified by: Stephen Farrell (IESG)

Section: 5.3.

Original Text
-------------
For example, if the OPENPGPKEY RR query for [email-masked]
(8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.com) yields a CNAME to
8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.net, and an OPENPGPKEY RR for
8d57[...]b7._openpgpkey.example.net exists,

Corrected Text
--------------
For example, if the OPENPGPKEY RR query for [email-masked]
(c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.com) yields a CNAME to
c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.net, and an OPENPGPKEY RR for
c93f[...]d6._openpgpkey.example.net exists,

Notes
-----
The example hash 8d57[...]b7 is wrong. It has been calculated with the wrong hash algorithm: SHA-224, instead of SHA-256. The correct hash is c93f[...]d6, which is shown in the example in section 3.

--------------------------------------
RFC7929 (draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Bindings for OpenPGP
Publication Date    : August 2016
Author(s)           : P. Wouters
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG