Subject: [datatracker-rqmts] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community-06.txt> (Requirements for Internet-Draft Tracking by the IETF Community in the Datatracker) to Informational RFC

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:53:42 -0800

Greetings. This is a shameless plug asking for input from the entire 
IETF community on this document which just entered IETF Last Call. There 
is a mailing list for the document at 
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/datatracker-rqmts>, and comments 
are welcome there as well. You can look through the archives to see some 
of the ideas that have already been discussed, but we are open to all 
discussion.

--Paul Hoffman

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community-06.txt> 
(Requirements for Internet-Draft Tracking by the IETF Community	in the 
Datatracker) to Informational RFC
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:46:54 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: <>

The IESG has received a request from the General Area Open Meeting WG
(genarea) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Internet-Draft Tracking by the IETF Community in the
    Datatracker'
   <draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community-06.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:54:25 -0500

Resending to correct a mailing list name typo.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
> Date: March 14, 2011 4:46:03 PM CDT
> To: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community-06.txt> (Requirements for Internet-Draft Tracking by the IETF Community in the Datatracker) to Informational RFC
> 
> One additional thought -
> 
> How much would the list of attributes in 2.1.6 need to be expanded to make one of these user-defined lists
> enough to satisfy the initial "Reporting Requirements" in section 4.3 of draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns-00?
> Should we add the ability to match against the values (or absence of value) of a state for the various state machines tracked by the tracker?
> 
> RjS
> 
> On Mar 14, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> 
>> Paul -
>> 
>> 1) If we publish this as an RFC, note that imgur.com will only keep an image if it's viewed at least once every three months.
>> 
>> 2) In the list of things constituting an "update to an RFC", could you call out marking an RFC as Historic, and changing the
>> maturity level of an RFC in place (such as was done for 5652)
>> 
>> 3) 2.1.2 talks of the ease of use to create a datatracker account. I think we have that already through the tools system.
>> Are you thinking this will require the creation of a different system?
>> 
>> RjS
>> 
>> On Mar 4, 2011, at 4:46 PM, The IESG wrote:
>> 
>>>