Subject: [dbound] On a path to closing

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 07:59:15 -0500

Dear colleagues,

I spoke with Jeff tonight, and we would like to make a modest proposal
as a way of closing the WG: that we polish off and publish the problem
statement, in an effort at least to get something written down about
what issues there are and what distinctions someone might want to
make.

At the same time, we discussed addressing outstanding comments about
SOPA and publishing it as an experimental RFC somehow (i.e. either ISE
or AD sponsored).  This ought to be possible: an RRTYPE allocation is
expert review and I think we have something sufficiently clear as to
meet the requirements.

It strikes me that I probably just should have followed that path ages
agoin order to test whether any of this was viable.  I guess I know
better for the future.  In the meantime, though, does anyone object to
pursuing experimental status (assuming we can specify what would
provide evidence that the experiment worked)?

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:44:49 -0800

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> . . .proposal

What sort of document artifact would that be? Just an I-D defining the
problem space?

> ...does anyone object to

Seems reasonable. And probably a good basis for keeping this list open to
manage the experiment.

--Kurt

---

From: Casey Deccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:37:43 -0800

> On Nov 15, 2016, at 4:59 AM, Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear colleagues,
> 

While I have no particular objection, the same could be asked for the other proposed solutions.  ODUP [1] has proof-of-concept library code [2], which has been tested both in OpenDMARC for experimental use with DMARC and Firefox for experimental use with HTTP cookies.

Casey

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deccio-dbound-organizational-domain-policy-03
[2] https://github.com/verisign/odup