Subject: [dcon] DCON discussion material

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 17:16:00 +0200

Hi all,

following the recent discussions about Distributed Conferencing (for 
which, as you might know, a BOF at IETF 82 has been proposed), I'm 
sending you three references to Internet Drafts we submitted some time 
ago and which should help position the proposed idea in the context of 
what has already been achieved within the IETF (XCON in particular). 
These I-Ds clearly represent just preliminary thoughts, which might be 
completely re-designed should the IETF decide to start working on this 
topic, but they nonetheless stand there as a first attempt at addressing 
the issues we identified so far. Here are the documents I'm referring to:

1. Requirements for Distributed Conferencing --> 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romano-dcon-requirements-09
2. A Framework for Distributed Conferencing --> 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romano-dcon-framework-09
3.  Requirements for the XCON-DCON Synchronization Protocol --> 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romano-dcon-xdsp-reqs-09

I hope this can help foster discussion on the brand new non-WG list that 
has been recently created. I'm CC:ing DISPATCH, since this is where the 
DCON story comes from.

Cheers,

Simon

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]
           http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:16:22 -0400

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> following the recent discussions about Distributed Conferencing (for which,
> as you might know, a BOF at IETF 82 has been proposed),

According to this  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki
it has been approved.

Regards
Marshall

 I'm sending you
> three references to Internet Drafts we submitted some time ago and which
> should help position the proposed idea in the context of what has already
> been achieved within the IETF (XCON in particular). These I-Ds clearly
> represent just preliminary thoughts, which might be completely re-designed
> should the IETF decide to start working on this topic, but they nonetheless
> stand there as a first attempt at addressing the issues we identified so
> far. Here are the documents I'm referring to:
>
> I hope this can help foster discussion on the brand new non-WG list that has
> been recently created. I'm CC:ing DISPATCH, since this is where the DCON
> story comes from.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
>
> --
>                            _\\|//_
>                            ( O-O )
> _______________________________________________
> dcon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcon
>