Subject: [dcon] DCON BOF meeting minutes

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:46:19 +0100

Dear all,

on behalf of my co-chair and myself, I just uploaded the draft minutes 
of the DCON BOF session on the IETF meeting materials page. You can find 
them at the following URL:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/minutes/dcon.txt
Please, have a look at them and send me and Brian your comments and 
modification suggestions asap. I think the minutes themselves represent 
a clear picture of the discussion we had around DCON since it was first 
proposed by myself on the DISPATCH mailing list.
After listening to the recordings I have to say that I was left with a 
fine sensation of unfinished: the discussion was great, people's 
comments were right on target and it really looked like we might, 
altogether, do a great work. Though, as it also comes out from the final 
part of the discussion associated with the charter and hums, it is also 
clear that there is probably not enough energy today in the IETF to 
start "yet another" WG.
I personally think this is really a pity and would like to seize this 
occasion to make a final call for heads up. If some of you are 
interested to actively contribute to the proposed work, please say it 
now on this mailing list! Contributing means either writing 
specifications or reviewing documents and commenting on the ML, or both 
things.
Personally, being the chair of the "close to euthanasia" SPLICES working 
group, I'm the first who wants to avoid the creation of a group with too 
little energy. I also acknowledge the fact that there are currently 
other groups in the RAI area which are attracting most of the efforts 
and requiring us to spend a huge number of cycles (even just to keep the 
pace of the mails circulating on the mailing list). Though, I definitely 
encourage you to give DCON a chance and get involved.

Cheers to everybody...and sorry for the long e-mail,

Simon

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]
           http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:22:34 +0200

Hi,

for the record, my view on how the BOF went is the same. There was very
useful feedback but not enough energy at this point.

Cheers,

Gonzalo