Subject: [Dcrup] Sendmail/Postfix Milter With Ed25519 Support

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:41:17 -0400

As a mentioned several weeks ago, I've been working on a Python based DKIM 
milter with Ed25519.  That's to help from Andreas Schulze and Jim Fenton it's 
mature enough (I hope) to let more people know about it and take it for a 
spin.

If you are interested, you can get it either through pypi.python.org [1] or 
from the project home page on Launchpad [2].  You can either install from 
source (follow the directions in the provided README) or using pip.

In order to make it easy for people to experiment with this, I mostly reused 
OpenDKIM option names, so (at least for the options supported, this does way 
less than OpenDKIM), configuration files should be compatible.

This is a one time announcement.  For support you can either email me or use 
the Launchpad Questions [3], or Launchpad Bugs [4].

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/dkimpy-milter/
[2] https://launchpad.net/dkimpy-milter
[3] https://answers.launchpad.net/dkimpy-milter
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/dkimpy-milter

I know it's annoying to sign up for another service, but I'd really prefer one 
of the last two methods to discuss the project, so then it doesn't get lost in 
my email.

So far, all the testing has been done on Debian Stable using the default init 
system (systemd).  There is a sysv init provided, but no one has been able to 
completely test it.  It would be good to get inputs from people on other 
distributions/operating systems.  I'll be glad to document more if I have 
inputs.

If anyone is willing to test this in a high volume application, even for a 
short period, please contact me and we can work out how best to do it safely.  
I believe it's reasonably scalable (it's a thin layer of python on top of C 
bindings to libsodium for crypto and libmilter for MTA integration), but I 
don't have access to a high volume mail stream to inflict it on.

It is a beta, so all the usual caveats apply, but I'm confident enough that 
I'm running it in production.

Hopefully this helps move things along.

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:46:45 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I think we'll have an example header here shortly.  In the meantime, I've
> got a DKIM milter running (experimentally) that signs/verifies Ed25519 (see
> the signatures that hopefully won't get stripped off this message).
> 
> I am in need of a Sendmail user to help me out with this effort.  What I
> have works in Postfix, but I've no way (or interest) in figuring out
> Sendmail.  If you're interested in having a milter to support Ed25519 and
> aren't allergic to Python, please contact me off list.
> 
> Scott K
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Dcrup mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dcrup

---

From: "A. Schulze" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:08:13 +0100

> source (follow the directions in the provided README) or using pip.

Hello,

Thanks to Scott for the implementation!

I like to mention that I have also a template to build a docker container:
https://github.com/andreasschulze/docker-dkimpy-milter

It's intended for personal use and require customization:
* Dockerfile: change "FROM"
* docker-compose.yml: change image name

Andreas