Subject: [decade] DECADE Bar BOF follow up

From: Yu-Shun Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:52:14 +0000

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks for coming and for a productive discussion.
I think it's fair to say that there are problems in this space
that IETF can and should consider, and also that there are
interests among the participants to work on the problems.
But there are also issues that we definitely should address in
order to move toward a working group. Just to list some high
level points here:

  - in depth investigation on prior work (also justification
    on new work)
  - applicability
  - benefit
  - incentives
  - some statement on layer 8 issues, esp. on potential
    deployment hurdles
  - ...

Some logistics.

- Slide decks:

Alexey mentioned last night after the BoF for us to send the
slides to him, and (presumably) Alexey will find some place
to post the materials, maybe a page on the wiki?

And yes, the slide deck, at least the BranchCache one, is
pretty big (6MB) due to the animations and diagrams. I'll
try to condense it a bit before posting it.

- Minutes:

Haibing and I will combine the minutes and send it to the list.
The chairs would also like to thank Linda and Roni for
volunteering as note takers.

Next steps:

Let's continue the discussion on list. Or send a note to
Haibing and I if you are interested on certain aspects
of the problems. We would very much like to shoot for an
official BoF for the next IETF. (And get out of early/late
Bar BoFs!)

Thanks,
Haiging and Yushun

---

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:27:15 +0200

And don't forget the nice guy who brought a lot of delicious food and beers for us : ) Thanks to Eric Burger.

Anyone who is still unclear to the problem and scope please send email to the mailing list. We will try to make it clearer.

Thanks,
Haibin

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Yu-Shun Wang" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ext Song Haibin" <[email-masked]>; "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>; "Lars Eggert" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:52 AM
Subject: DECADE Bar BOF follow up

Hi Everyone,

Some logistics.

- Slide decks:

- Minutes:

Next steps:

Thanks,
Haiging and Yushun

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:30:52 -0400

This was a very interesting bar bof, thanks for setting it up.
 
In the meeting, I said I would obtain and share information about the InterStream Association (http://interstream.com/), and their approach to cooperative content distribution among ISPs. (Note: this email does not imply endorsement of the InterStream technology or business model.)
 
Here is the link to their Wiki, which describes the InterStream technologies, business model, and philosophy: http://interstream.com/PmWiKi/pmwiki.php?n=InterStream.Concepts. 
 
It may be worthwhile for Decade folks to take a look at this, as another comparison point.
 
-- Rich

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Song Haibin
Sent: Thu 7/30/2009 7:27 AM
To: Yu-Shun Wang; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [decade] DECADE Bar BOF follow up

Thanks,
Haibin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yu-Shun Wang" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ext Song Haibin" <[email-masked]>; "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>; "Lars Eggert" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:52 AM
Subject: DECADE Bar BOF follow up

Hi Everyone,

Some logistics.

- Slide decks:

- Minutes:

Next steps:

Thanks,
Haiging and Yushun
_______________________________________________
decade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/decade