Subject: Re: [decade] Reviews of the Decade Survey draft

From: Tao Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:36:55 +0800

Hi, all
    I'd also like to add some reviews on the survey draft. I think it a very
comprehensive survey of current in-network storage system.I have some minor
comments:
    1 In section 2.2 "Historical Context", it mainly mentioned web cache and
CDN as the historical predecessor of DECADE. However, I believe "P2P cache"
should be mentioned here too, which is highlighted in problem statement
draft.
    2 As yunfei zhang has mentioned in ***
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00340.html*, I also
agree to emphasize the mobile scenarios which is not sufficiently described
in current survey draft.
    3 In the first line of secion 4.3.1, "sysem" should be "system"
    4 In section 4.5.4, "Not applicable" should be "Not provided" as the
other system described for uniform reason

Tao Ma
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, MINElab

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 02:00:37 +0000

Thanks for the additional review!

-- Rich

From: Tao Ma [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 08:36 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; ch zhang <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [decade] Reviews of the Decade Survey draft

Hi, all
    I'd also like to add some reviews on the survey draft. I think it a very comprehensive survey of current in-network storage system.I have some minor comments:
    1 In section 2.2 "Historical Context", it mainly mentioned web cache and CDN as the historical predecessor of DECADE. However, I believe "P2P cache" should be mentioned here too, which is highlighted in problem statement draft.
    2 As yunfei zhang has mentioned in http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00340.html, I also agree to emphasize the mobile scenarios which is not sufficiently described in current survey draft.
    3 In the first line of secion 4.3.1, "sysem" should be "system"
    4 In section 4.5.4, "Not applicable" should be "Not provided" as the other system described for uniform reason

Tao Ma

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:31:22 -0500

Hi Rich,

The authors are working on the update to the Survey based on the comments from Tao Ma, Ove Strandberg, Yunfei Zhang and David Bryan.  We expect to submit an updated I-D sometime next week.

Sincerely,

Akbar

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Woundy, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:01 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [decade] Reviews of the Decade Survey draft

-- Rich

Hi, all

Tao Ma

---

From: Richard Alimi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 04:46:16 -0800

Hi Tao,

Thank you very much for the review.  We are currently addressing the
comments, and had one question. Please see inline:

> agree to emphasize the mobile scenarios which is not sufficiently described

We addressed Yunfei's comment by referencing the discussion in the problem
statement. Do you have anything else in mind?  I think a draft such as the
problem statement (or even a separate draft) would probably be a better
place to talk about particular usage scenarios.

Thanks!
Rich

> _______________________________________________
> decade mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/decade
>
>

---

From: Tao Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:30:49 +0800

Hi,
    If it can be discussed thoroughly in problem statement draft or other
drafts, I agree to address it elsewhere.
Tao Ma
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

2011/1/15 Richard Alimi <[email-masked]>

>> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00340.html*, I
>> also agree to emphasize the mobile scenarios which is not sufficiently
>> described in current survey draft.
>>
>

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:35:15 -0500

Hi Rich,

The authors have submitted an updated draft covering the review comments from Tao Ma, Ove Strandberg, Yunfei Zhang and David Bryan. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-decade-survey-03.txt

Sincerely,

Akbar

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rahman, Akbar
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:31 AM
To: Woundy, Richard
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [decade] Reviews of the Decade Survey draft

Hi Rich,

Sincerely,

Akbar

-- Rich

Hi, all

Tao Ma