Subject: [Detnet] Information models (service, flow, configuration)

From: Balázs Varga A <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:56:12 +0000

Hi,

For the last IETF meeting the two individual information model drafts
Have been merged.
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-farkas-detnet-flow-information-model-01.txt
There were good discussions during the meeting about the configuration
aspects.

The info model authors have tried to sort out the relation between the
service / flow / configuration info model with the following thoughts:
1, Service / Flow models require a higher level abstraction. They are
focusing on how to serv DetNet flows.
2, Configuration required for e2e service delivery and depends heavily
on device capabilities and technology (e.g., IPv6, MPLS, etc.).

There are concerns regarding configuration, e.g., we are not yet there
to know in detail all the configuration for DetNet scenarios (e.g.,
L2/L3 QoS, TSN sub-net with DetNet domain, Signaling, etc.).

As a conclusion modeling related topics could be separated to 2 drafts
- flow/service information model (continue with current merged draft)
- configuration model (first step towards YANG model)

That means to start a separate document to deal with configuration
model related aspects. Such a draft would point towards the YANG model.

Any comment, views and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Bala'zs