Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 17:05:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Ethan Grossman
                          Andrew J. Hacker
                          Subir Das
                          John Dowdell
                          Henrik Austad
                          Kevin Stanton
                          Norman Finn
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2017-09-29

Abstract:
   A deterministic network is one that can carry data flows for real-
   time applications with extremely low data loss rates and bounded
   latency.  Deterministic networks have been successfully deployed in
   real-time operational technology (OT) applications for some years
   (for example [ARINC664P7]).  However, such networks are typically
   isolated from external access, and thus the security threat from
   external attackers is low.  IETF Deterministic Networking (DetNet)
   specifies a set of technologies that enable creation of deterministic
   networks on IP-based networks of potentially wide area (on the scale
   of a corporate network) potentially bringing the OT network into
   contact with Information Technology (IT) traffic and security threats
   that lie outside of a tightly controlled and bounded area (such as
   the internals of an aircraft).  These DetNet technologies have not
   previously been deployed together on a wide area IP-based network,
   and thus can present security considerations that may be new to IP-
   based wide area network designers.  This draft, intended for use by
   DetNet network designers, provides insight into these security
   considerations.  In addition, this draft collects all security-
   related statements from the various DetNet drafts (Architecture, Use
   Cases, etc) into a single location Section 7.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/