Subject: [dhcwg] unused error codes in dhcpv6 spec

From: "Vijayabhaskar A K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:36:24 +0530

- In section  7.4.1 and 7.4.2 the  following  error  codes are  defined,
which are nowhere used in the spec.

# UnspecFail
# AuthFailed - Section 16 says that,
"Servers MUST discard any received messages that include
authentication information and fail the authentication check by the
server."

We can add some text as follows,

"It MAY choose to send  appropriate  reply with only  status code option
with status code AuthFailed".

# PoorlyFormed
# InvalidSource

If we are not using these error codes, then better we can remove it.

~vijay

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg