Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt> (Reminder!)

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:23:33 -0500

Reminder and note: there has been not response to this WG last 
call.  Please review draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt and reply with 
comments.  If you recommend the document for advancement without revision, 
please respond with a quick acknowledgment.  No response will be 
interpreted as a lack of support for advancing the document.

-----

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Options for Internet Storage 
Name Service" <draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt>.  The last call will 
conclude on Friday, 2/21.

Note that this is a parallel WG last call in the dhc and ips WGs.

draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt defines a new DHCP option for discovery of 
the location and role of iSNS Protocol servers in iSCSI and iFCP 
devices.  The draft is available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:25:51 -0800

I have looked this over... Having not seen any problems I haven't
responded...

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Ralph Droms
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:24 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt> (Reminder!)

comments.  If you recommend the document for advancement without
revision, 

-----

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Options for Internet
Storage 
Name Service" <draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt>.  The last call will 
conclude on Friday, 2/21.

draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt defines a new DHCP option for discovery
of 
the location and role of iSNS Protocol servers in iSCSI and iFCP 
devices.  The draft is available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt

- Ralph Droms

---

From: Franco Travostino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:04:54 -0500

I support the draft.

An observation regarding IPv4 vs IPv6. Other DHCP documents make it clear 
that they are talking about IPv4 use (e.g., rfc 3361, ""Dynamic Host 
Configuration Protocol (DHCP-for-IPv4) Option for Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) Servers""). If there is an agreed-upon style for defining 
applicability, it should be used here as well.

-franco

At 01:23 PM 2/20/2003, Ralph Droms wrote:
>Storage Name Service" <draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-04.txt>.  The last call 
>will conclude on Friday, 2/21.
>
>of the location and role of iSNS Protocol servers in iSCSI and iFCP