Subject: Re: [dhcwg] DHCP over IKE

From: John Schnizlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:03:44 -0400

I see nothing in these drafts to indicate that the proposal
accommodates DHCP relay agents in any way. In particular,
tunneling DHCP within IKE messages would seem to disable this.

Since RFC 3456 does not seem to have the same problem, it seems
better to me.

John

At 01:51 PM 4/28/2003, Michael Richardson wrote:

>A number of documents are being proposed in the IPSEC WG. The IPSRA
>WG produced a protocol that runs DHCP over an IPsec tunnel, RFC 3456.
>Other vendors used a protocol called "Configuration Payload"
>
>There is a third option being discussed, called "DHCP-over-IKE".
>
>The documents are draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-over-ike-00, as well
>as dhcp-over-ike-dhcpd-00.txt and dhcp-over-ike-radius-00.txt
>
>A discussion thread:
>http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ipsec/2003/04/msg00053.html

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg