Subject: [dhcwg] Possible DHCP problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:53:46 EDT

Hello,

We are experiencing a situation at the school district where I work.

We use both DHCP and static with our computers.  Platforms are '95, '98, and 
2000.  No dial ups.

The problem is that with static we experience no problems connecting Internet 
sites and or e-mail providers.

With DHCP, we experience problems connecting to Internet sites and or e-mail 
providers.

Examples.  One year old computer running Windows 2000 with DHCP.  Cannot 
access AOL mail or Hotmail.  Switched from DHCP to static, problem went away.

Four to 5 year old computer running Windows '98.  Cannot get to Netscape site 
and/or AOL mail or Hotmail.  

Interestingly, with DHCP or static there is one local ISP/e-mail provider 
that we can access with no problem.

Do you know of any similar problems?  What are the fixes if any?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Daniel R. Shirley