Subject: [dhcwg] question on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-cliprefprefix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:24:31 +0000

Dear Vijay,

About the processing of the list of preferred prefix option (scenario 3 
alike),
how would the server decide which prefix to assign its client if it 
receives
several prefixes from it?
If a Client sends a preferred prefix list, It will be easier 
if the prefixes were listed in order of decreasing value with 
a preference value associated with each prefix.
A default preference value of 0 if only one prefix 
had been advertised for example.
The client policy would decide how to order the prefixes with 
the preference value accordingly to its most preferred 
choice(s) 

stephane

==============================================================================
Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-mail, and any attachments, is intended for
the named recipients only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect
the views of Panasonic Mobile Communications Development of Europe Limited.

Please note that whilst the company takes steps to protect against viruses it
cannot accept any liability for any damage, whether direct or indirect,
sustained as a result of any software viruses being transmitted.

If you receive this E-mail by mistake, please advise the sender by using the
reply facility in your E-mail software and then delete it.
==============================================================================

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Vijayabhaskar A K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:11:22 +0530

Hi Stephane

The client is supposed to send the list of ALL the preferred prefixes on
which it wishes the server to allocate addresses. There is actually no
preference on the any of the prefixes. If the server's policy supports
this option and one or more prefixes are not known by the server (or)
doesn't belong to the client's link, then the server MUST send NotOnLink
error code. Otherwise, the server is expected to allocate addresses on
ALL the prefixes sent by the client. Hope this clarifies. Do getback to
me, if you need any further clarification

~ Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 4:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] question on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-cliprefprefix

Dear Vijay,

stephane

========================================================================
======
Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-mail, and any attachments, is
intended for the named recipients only. It may contain confidential
and/or privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed do not
necessarily reflect the views of Panasonic Mobile Communications
Development of Europe Limited.

Please note that whilst the company takes steps to protect against
viruses it cannot accept any liability for any damage, whether direct or
indirect, sustained as a result of any software viruses being
transmitted.

If you receive this E-mail by mistake, please advise the sender by using
the reply facility in your E-mail software and then delete it.
========================================================================
======