Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:43:32 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Failover Protocol"
<draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt>.  The last call will conclude at 5PM ET on 
Monday, 11/17/2003.

This WG last call is a second last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt.  
There was insufficient response to the earlier WG last call to determine 
consensus on WG acceptance of the document.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

Lack of response does *not* represent acceptance of the document.  If there 
is insufficient response to this WG last call, the document will not be 
submitted to the IESG for publication.  Because of the unusual overlap 
between the set of authors of this document and the set of implementors 
interested in the specification, authors are encouraged to respond to this 
WG last call.

draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt defines a protocol to provide
synchronization between two DHCP servers.  The DHCP specification [RFC
2131] allows for multiple servers to be operating on a single network.
For a deployment with multiple servers to work reliably, 
cooperating primary and secondary servers must be synchronized to
maintain a consistent database of the lease information.  This
document is being considered for Proposed Standard, and is available
as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:39:59 -0600

I'm very much in favor of advancing the failover draft.   A lot of work 
has gone into it, and it's in very good shape - the authors should be 
proud of what they've done with this draft.

---

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:39:20 -0500

I too support this draft (though it is not clear how much co-authors count
towards the last call process).

Failover has had a long road (while there have only been 12 revisions of
this draft, recall that there were initially two drafts that were merged and
they had several revisions each). This work has been supported by the WG
throughout and we now need your support to assure it passes last call.

Please speak up now (hopefully in favor). Being silent does the community no
good as it is unclear what it means - lack of interest, support, or dissent.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ted
Lemon
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:40 AM
To: Ralph Droms
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

---

From: Mark Stapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:42:32 -0500

I am in favor of advancing this draft to Proposed Standard.

-- Mark

---

From: "Steve Gonczi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:11:17 -0500

I am in favor of advancing this draft.

Steve Gonczi

---

From: John Schnizlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:21:59 -0500

At 08:49 AM 10/31/2003, Ralph Droms wrote:
><draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt>. 
>
>Please respond to this WG last call. 

I support advancing this draft.
I am sorry I did not respond earlier.

John

---

From: "Kevin A. Noll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:38:58 -0500

I support this draft.

--kan--

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:27:54 -0500

I support the movement of this draft forward to a successful
WG last call.

---

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:30:42 -0800

--Barr

---

From: Josh Littlefield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:10:21 -0500

I support moving this document forward.

-- 
=====================================================================
Josh Littlefield                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]                             1414 Massachusetts Avenue
tel: 978-936-1379  fax: same               Boxborough, MA  01719-2205