Subject: [dhcwg] Re: WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-00.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:33:02 -0400

Comments on draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-00.txt:

I agree with Bernie Volz - the title should be changed to "DHCP Preboot
eXecution Environment (PXE) Options", and the "suboption" should be replaced
with "option" throughout the document.

The document needs an "IANA Considerations" section, asking IANA to record
the subtypes for options 93, 94 and 97.  There should also be a description
of how new subtypes will be defined in the future.

In which messages do clients and servers send these options?

Nits:

I don't think it's necessary to make section 2.1.1. "Client System
Architecture Types" into a separate subsection; the list could simply be
merged with section 2.1.

The document needs a Security Considerations section.

Add a sentence: "Comments about this Internet Draft should be sent to the
[email-masked] mailing list."

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:33:12 -0400

Nits: