Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-01.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:31:01 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Preboot eXecution Environment
(PXE) Options" <draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-01.txt>.  The last call will
conclude at 5PM ET on Monday, 11/17/2003.

Note that this is a new call on the -01 revision of this document.  There
was insufficient response to the first last call to determine WG consensus
on acceptance of the document.  In addition, the following changes have been
made in draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-01.txt:

      o Changed all occurrences of "suboption" to "option".
      o Re-worded first sentence of Introduction to clarify that these
         options are in wide use by PXE clients.
      o Clarified external document references.
      o Clarfified and extended definitions of options based on
        external references.
      o Added description of site specific options 128 through 135.
      o Added IANA Considerations and Security Considerations
         sections.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-01.txt documents three DHCP options that are in
common use by PXE.  These options uniquely identify booting client machines
and their pre-OS runtime environment so the DHCP and/or PXE boot server can
return the correct OS bootstrap image (or pre-boot application) name and
server to the client. This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-01.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg