Subject: [dhcwg] new draft about documentation requirements for DHCPv4 changes

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:13:44 -0800

I've just posted a new draft suggesting several straightforward and common
sense documentation requirements for any Internet-Draft or Request for
Proposal that that suggests protocol, format, or data changes to DHCPv4.

The draft could be extended to cover DHCPv6 as well, but the need was
suggested to me during the review of RFC 2131 by Rob Stevens and myself:
the clarity of the current text [in RFC 2131] might have been improved by
requiring updates to message format tables, state transition diagrams, and
other portions of earlier documents.

Authors of current drafts in the pipeline who agree with my suggested
documentation requirements should make any changes necessary to their drafts
in advance of working group consideration of this new draft, which I'm
proposing as a BCP.

Thanks in advance,

--Barr

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg