Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3679 on Unused Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Option Codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:14:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3679

        Title:      Unused Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
                    Option Codes
        Author(s):  R. Droms
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 13804
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-unused-optioncodes-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3679.txt

Prior to the publication of RFC 2489 (which was updated by RFC 2939),
several option codes were assigned to proposed Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP) options that were subsequently never
used.  This document lists those unused option codes and directs IANA
to make these option codes available for assignment to other DHCP
options in the future.

The document also lists several option codes that are not currently
documented in an RFC but should not be made available for
reassignment to future DHCP options.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.