Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:30:54 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "Detection of Network
Attachment (DNA) in IPv4" <draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt>.  The last
call will conclude at 5PM EDT on 2004-06-25.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt addresses the problem of detecting
attachment to an IPv4 network.  The time required to detect movement
(or lack of movement) between subnets, and to obtain (or continue to
use) a valid IPv4 address may be significant as a fraction of the
total delay in moving between points of attachment.  This
specification synthesizes experience garnered over the years in the
deployment of hosts supporting ARP, DHCP and IPv4 Link-Local
addresses, in order to optimize detection of network attachment by
mobile hosts.This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:53:52 +0200

I support the advancement of this document.

	Henrik