Subject: [dhcwg] WGLC for dnsop WG doc "IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches"

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:51:32 -0400

The IESG has requested that the dnsop WG compose a document that describes
mechanisms for configuration of DNS server information in hosts.  The
purpose of the document is to describe the alternative mechanisms and
give an analysis of the alternatives in several operational scenarios.  The
IESG will use this document to determine if additional protocol work in
configuration of DNS server information in hosts will be chartered in any WGs.

The dnsop WG is conducting a WG last call on this document, "IPv6 Host
Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches",
draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-01.txt.  The dnsop WG announcement
is included below.

Because one of the three mechanisms considered in this document is the
DHCPv6 "DNS Configuration Options" (RFC 3646), I encourage the dhc WG to
review the draft.  Please post constructive comments about whether this
document fairly describes the mechanisms and issues in DNS server
information configuration to [email-masked].

- Ralph
---------------------------------
From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>

	Folks

	This note starts the WG Last Call for comments on
	draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-01.txt,
	"IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information
	Approaches". It can be found on
	
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-01.txt

	Please review the document carefully, and send your
	feedback to the list.  Please also indicate whether or
	not you believe that this document is ready to go to the
	IESG. Note that this is a somewhat unusual case as the
	IESG requested this document.

	This Last Call will end on 30 June 2004 at 1400 PDT (UTC/GMT-7).

	Thanks,

	Dave & Rob

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg