Subject: [dhcwg] Updated and New Drafts - DHCPv4 Client FQDN, DDNS Conflict Resolution, DHCID RR, and DHCPv6 Client FQDN

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:04:47 -0400

Hi:

I've submitted four drafts - one is new (and currently an individual
submission) and the other three are revisions of existing drafts (though not
originally authored by me).

The new draft was submitted before the -00 cutoff and should be announced
shortly. It can be found at
http://www.metrocast.net/~volz/draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-fqdn-00.txt and
describes a Client FQDN option for DHCPv6.

The revised drafts are listed below with highlights of the changes; these
should appear shortly (they were submitted earlier today and it may take a
week before they appear).

1. http://www.metrocast.net/~volz/draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-07.txt

Changes to this draft were:
- Reworked abstract and introduction based on review comments from Ralph
Droms while writing the DHCPv6 FQDN draft.
- Removed text that referenced the ddns conflict resolution draft and added
a new section (7) that provides an informational reference to the resolution
draft.
- Updated boilerplate, dates, draft number, and cross referenced draft dates
in references.
- Fixed a few spelling, wording, and formatting errors.
- Reworked references.

2. http://www.metrocast.net/~volz/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-07.txt

Changes to this draft were:
- Reworked section 6.3. The previous draft had an invalid section reference
(in [subsection xxx].) and I felt that the subsections where a bit confusing
so I reworked the steps.
- Updated boilerplate, dates, draft number, and cross referenced draft dates
in references.
- Fixed a few spelling, wording, and formatting errors.
- Reworked references slightly.

3. http://www.metrocast.net/~volz/draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-08.txt

Changes to this draft were:
- Updated DHCPv6 reference to RFC 3315 and also added references to 3315ID
Draft for DUID.
- Reworked table in section 3.3, type codes.
- Updated boilerplate, dates, draft number, and cross referenced draft dates
in references.
- Fixed a few spelling, wording, and formatting errors.

- Bernie

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg