Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:27:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RADIUS Attributes Sub-option for the DHCP Relay Agent Information Option
	Author(s)	: R. Droms, J. Schnizlein
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-07.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-7-8
	
A NAS (network access server) may choose to authenticate the identity
   of a device before granting that device access to the network.  The
   IEEE 802.1X protocol is an example of a mechanism for providing
   authenticated layer 2 network access.  A network element using RADIUS
   as an authentication authority will receive attributes from a RADIUS
   server that may be used by a DHCP server in the selection of
   configuration parameters to be delivered to the device through its
   DHCP client. The RADIUS Attributes sub-option enables a network
   element to pass along attributes for the user of a device received
   during RADIUS authentication to a DHCP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg