Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:45:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Renumbering Requirements for Stateless DHCPv6
	Author(s)	: T. Chown, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
IPv6 hosts using Stateless Address Autoconfiguration are able to
   automatically configure their IPv6 address and default router
   settings. However, further settings are not available.   If such
   hosts wish to automatically configure their DNS, NTP or other
   specific settings the stateless variant of the Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) could be used.   This
   combination of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration and stateless
   DHCPv6 could be used quite commonly in IPv6 networks.   However,
   hosts using such a combination currently have no means by which to be
   informed of changes in stateless DHCPv6 option settings, e.g. the
   addition of a new NTP server address, changes in DNS search paths, or
   full site renumbering. This document is presented as a problem
   statement from which a solution should be proposed in a subsequent
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg