Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG status report

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:25:02 -0400

dhc WG Status Report
		       2004-03-08 to 2004-07-12
		       ------------------------

The rechartering of the dhc WG has been completed and the new charter
is available on the dhc WG web page
(ietf.org/html.charters/dhc-charter.html).  Some milestones for
existing work have been updated.  The chair will be asking document
authors for more milestones.

IPR issues:
-----------

Samsung has published a new IPR statement about
draft-ietf-dhc-rapid-commit-opt.  The affected draft will now be
reconsidered for WG last call.

The IETF Executive Director has written to PacketFront asking for
clarification of the IPR notice that was published by PacketFront
referring to draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id-00 and
draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-00.  The chair has written to
PacketFront asking if PacketFront would be willing to change the terms
in its IPR notice for draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id-00 to a zero-cost
royalty license.  PacketFront has not responded to either request.

RFCs published:
---------------

RFC 3736, Stateless Dynamic Host Configuration
           Protocol (DHCP) Service for IPv6

Documents approved and in RFC Editor queue:
-------------------------------------------

NIS Configuration Options for DHCPv6
   draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-nisconfig-05

Documents approved and announcement sent:
-----------------------------------------

Vendor-Identifying Vendor Options for DHCPv4
   draft-ietf-dhc-vendor-03
Reclassifying DHCPv4 Options
   draft-ietf-dhc-reclassify-options-01

Documents accepted as dhc WG work items:
----------------------------------------

IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues for DHCPv6
   draft-ietf-dhc-dual-stack-00

Lifetime Option for DHCPv6
   draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-00.txt

Renumbering Requirements for Stateless DHCPv6
   draft-ietf-dhc-stateless-dhcpv6-renumbering-00

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg