Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP in my local area network.

From: "Terje Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:46:23 +0200

First of all, my english is not to well :)

Hi. I am the manager of a computer club called Meldal-LAN. Because of  
issues with the broadband company, we cant get IP's
 from them anymore. We therefor plan to set up a server, with 2,6Ghz  
Prescott CPU and 1GB Corsair Dual Ram.
The network solution will be a 10/100 pci who recieves the internet, and  
2X10/100/1000 linked together
that shares IP's.

The server will primarly be running as a DHCP, but also to host games,  
host movie vision and share files.
We plan to run Windows 2000 on the server.

1: Do you think the hardware aspects is good enough?
2: The computer club has about 50 members, do the DHCP get problems  
sharing out so many IP's?
3: Is there hard to configure the DHCP so that people can play online and  
stuff?

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg