Subject: [dhcwg] Revisions to draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:21:38 -0400

In response to comments received during the IESG review of
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius, we have published
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-08.txt.  The most important change in this
revision is the specification of the IP-Framed-Pool RADIUS attribute in
replacement of the Class RADIUS attribute.  This change was made because the
Class attribute is used for other purposes in some RADIUS deployments and
servers, and because the Framed-Pool can be used to carry the name of a
policy that should be applied to the DHCP client authenticated by the RADIUS
protocol exchange.

Here is a summary of the other differences between the -07 and -08 revisions
of the specification:

A paragraph was added to the end of section 1, Introduction, to clarify the
applicability of the RADIUS Attributes Sub-option:

    The scope of applicability of this specification is such that robust
    interoperability is only guaranteed for RADIUS service
    implementations that exist within the same scope as the DHCP service
    implementation, i.e. within a single, localized administrative
    domain.  Global interoperability of this specification, across
    administrative domains, is not required.

A paragraph was added to section 2, Terminology, and the section "RADIUS
Server Behavior" was removed to clarify that the RADIUS Attributes
Sub-option does not affect any specification of the behavior of RADIUS
servers.:

    The use of the standard keywords MUST, SHOULD, MUST NOT and SHOULD
    NOT within this specification are with respect to RADIUS clients and
    servers that implement the optional features of this specification,
    do not create any normative requirements outside of that scope and do
    not modify the base RADIUS specifications, such as RFC2865 or
    RFC2866.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg