Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3942 on Reclassifying Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 4 (DHCPv4) Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:50:06 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3942

        Title:      Reclassifying Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
                    version 4 (DHCPv4) Options
        Author(s):  B. Volz
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13996
        Updates:    2132

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-reclassify-options-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3942.txt

This document updates RFC 2132 to reclassify Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol version 4 (DHCPv4) option codes 128 to 223
(decimal) as publicly defined options to be managed by IANA in
accordance with RFC 2939.  This document directs IANA to make these
option codes available for assignment as publicly defined DHCP options
for future options.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg