Subject: [Dime] DIME Working Group Status

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:13:33 +0200

Hi all,

here is a short working group status:

* Diameter Base Revision

We have an issue tracker setup that lists a bunch of open issues:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/diameter-interop/index

We had a many discussions on the mailing list.

I have converted the draft to XML so that we can actually start 
compiling new draft snapshots.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have specific text proposals.

* Diameter Interop

As mentioned at the IETF#66 DIME working group meeting there was 
interest to have another Diameter Interop event. See also Slide 9 at
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/dime-2/sld1.htm

Please drop us a mail if you are interested to participate to simplify 
planning!

* Diameter URI

--> See separate mail.

* The Diameter API

We basically stalled.

--> See separate mail.

* Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping  (Split Scenario & Integrated Scenario)

Progress is blocked due to the unfinished "Application ID" vs. 
"NAS-Port-Type AVP/Service-Type" discussion.

We hope that the authors of 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-aaa-ha-goals-02.txt
compile a draft update that can serve as input to the ongoing work 
(since there are other technical aspects that need to be addressed).

--> See separate mail.

* draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext-00

--> See separate mail.

* draft-bodin-dime-auditing-reqs-00.txt

--> See separate mail.

* Diameter QoS

A small group consisting of Avri Doria, Glen Zorn, Pete McCann, Tina 
Tsou and myself are working on an updated version of the document. We 
plan to have something ready for the group by end of September.

In summary, I think we need to work a bit harder and more focused to 
make better progress.

Ciao
Hannes & John

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Todd Mersch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:58:52 -0700

In reference to the Diameter Interop, Continuous Computing (Trillium)
would be interested in participating.

Thanks,
Todd 

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] DIME Working Group Status

Hi all,

* Diameter Base Revision

* Diameter Interop

* Diameter URI

--> See separate mail.

* The Diameter API

We basically stalled.

--> See separate mail.

--> See separate mail.

--> See separate mail.

--> See separate mail.

* Diameter QoS

Ciao
Hannes & John