Subject: [Dime] A draft about duplicate detection considerations

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:35:04 -0400

Hi All,

I recently submitted a draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asveren-dime-dupcons-00.txt

It discusses some implementation issues like buffering requirements for
different types of requests, End-to-End Id selection criteria, memory
requirements for duplicate detection etc..

I also added a few methods to make duplicate detection more implementation
friendly without defining anything new from on-the-wire protocol point of
view.

Overall, I hope this document can be the basis for some discussion in the
mailing list about duplicate detection implementation so that it can be
determined whether any protocol level improvements are necessary.

I believe with input from people, it could be also a nice
Best-Current-Practices type of document for duplicate detection
implementation, providing some guidance to implementors.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
     Tolga

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime