Subject: [Dime] Next Steps for draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:16:07 +0200

Hi all,

Miguel discovered a bug in RFC 3588 regarding the definition of the 
"aaa" and "aaas" scheme. His presentation at the IETF#66 DIME working 
group meeting showed that we have several options. There was no clear 
conclusion and we agreed to move the discussion to the list.

Please find the draft at:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt

Slide 5 of http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/dime-9/sld1.htm 
defines possible next steps:

* We don’t care, so we do nothing
* We fix the IANA the AAA/AAAS URI scheme in a backwards compatible way, 
and we register with IANA.
* We register with IANA the AAA/AAAS URI scheme (with no changes towards 
RFC 3588) and work in a definition of a ‘diameter’ URI scheme that need 
not necessarily be backwards compatible with the AAA URI scheme.
* We register with IANA the AAA/AAAS URI scheme (with no changes towards 
RFC 3588).

Please state your opinion. Please let us also know if you have no clue 
what the stuff is about.

Ciao
Hannes & John

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime