Subject: [Dime] STR/STA and ASR/ASA

From: Manish Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:40:10 +0530

Hi All,
I have a small query regarding STR/STA and ASR/ASA commands. I was reading 
the diameter RFC 3588 and found that they have written that these commands 
are used only in Auth Session State machine. As in Accounting also we 
create sessions so why not we should add these in Accounting state machine 
also ? 

According to me above commands should be part of Accounting also. 

Regards
Manish Sharma

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Dhirananda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:04:14 +0530

Hi Manish,
 As mentioned in the Section 9.5 of RFC -3588
 Accounting sessions are terminated by Accounting-Record-Type AVP.
This AVP contain value STOP_RECORD to terminate the accounting session.
As Accounting service is a one-time event, meaning that the start and 
stop of the event are simultaneous it should not be terminated with 
separate STR .

Regards,

Dhirananda

Manish Sharma wrote:

>
> Hi All,
> I have a small query regarding STR/STA and ASR/ASA commands. I was 
> reading the diameter RFC 3588 and found that they have written that 
> these commands are used only in Auth Session State machine. As in 
> Accounting also we create sessions so why not we should add these in 
> Accounting state machine also ?
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>