Subject: [Dime] Misleading text in RFC 3588, section 6.1.1.

From: Ralph Loader <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:54:25 +1200

Hi,

The following text in RFC 3588 (present in rfc3588bis-10 also), appears
to be misleading:

   o  the Destination-Host and Destination-Realm AVPs MUST be set to the
      appropriate values as described in Section 6.1.

The wording "MUST be set to the appropriate values" suggests that both
AVPs must be present in the request, which is quite different from what
is intended.

A better wording might be something like:

   o  the Destination-Host and Destination-Realm AVPs MUST be set, or
      omitted, as described in Section 6.1".

Cheers,
Ralph.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime