Subject: [Dime] Searching for a Diameter 'Information Request' command or AVP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:29:24 +0200

Hello, 

My name is Bernd from Germany. I would like to ask you one question regarding the Diameter protocol.

As I have read RFC 3588 I have recognized, that the specification doesn’t provide any Command type or AVPs for the Diameter Client to get certain information from a Diameter Server. The Diameter Base Protocol or the Diameter MobileIPv4 Application (RFC 4004) or the Diameter Network Access Server (RFC 4005) specifying Command Types or AVPs which are only used to authenticate or authorize a Node with a Diameter Server. But there’re no Command types or AVPs defined to request certain information like a IPv4 address assigned for mobile node. This information could be needed anytime after a successful authentification and authorization procedure.

As I’m a newbie regarding the Diameter-Protocol and therefore I have possibly read over such information about a already existing Command-Type providing the need information, I ask you and hope, you can provide me some information.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bernd   

P.S. I’m searching for a Command type or AVP that is maybe called ‘Session-Request’ or ‘Information-Request’, as the Diameter Server keeps a Session List after with specific session information of a node after a successful authentication procedure.
-- 
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games! 
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Priti Bandi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:15:31 +0530

Hi Bernd,

        For RFC 4004 or for that matter even RFC4005, you wont get a 
‘Session-Request’ or ‘Information-Request’ AVP per se out of the RFC. I 
guess what you are looking for is those AVPs that will give some info 
about the sessions, the mobile ip adrress etc. If you look for the message 
AMR in RFC 4004, you will come across a list of AVPs like < Session-ID >,[ 
MIP-Mobile-Node-Address ] , [ MIP-Home-Agent-Address ], [ 
MIP-Feature-Vector ],                                     [ 
MIP-Originating-Foreign-AAA ] etc. which is what i guess you are looking 
for. Please check out page numbers 24 and 25 of RFC 4004. Similar is the 
case for RFC 4005. I hope that solves your doubt.

Tx ,
Priti

Hello, 

My name is Bernd from Germany. I would like to ask you one question 
regarding the Diameter protocol.

As I have read RFC 3588 I have recognized, that the specification doesn’t 
provide any Command type or AVPs for the Diameter Client to get certain 
information from a Diameter Server. The Diameter Base Protocol or the 
Diameter MobileIPv4 Application (RFC 4004) or the Diameter Network Access 
Server (RFC 4005) specifying Command Types or AVPs which are only used to 
authenticate or authorize a Node with a Diameter Server. But there’re no 
Command types or AVPs defined to request certain information like a IPv4 
address assigned for mobile node. This information could be needed anytime 
after a successful authentification and authorization procedure.

As I’m a newbie regarding the Diameter-Protocol and therefore I have 
possibly read over such information about a already existing Command-Type 
providing the need information, I ask you and hope, you can provide me 
some information.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bernd 

P.S. I’m searching for a Command type or AVP that is maybe called 
‘Session-Request’ or ‘Information-Request’, as the Diameter Server keeps a 
Session List after with specific session information of a node after a 
successful authentication procedure.
-- 
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games! 
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

______________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 19:53:12 +0300

Hi Bernd,

could you describe your scenario a bit more? It seems that you want a 
Query/Response protocol to retrieve state of sessions previously 
established as part of another protocol run. Is this correct? If so, 
what is your usage scenario?

Ciao
Hannes