Subject: [Dime] FW: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:49:39 +0200

It seems that not everyone is following various discussions on IETF
mailing lists and is therefore not informed about the new plans of our
IETF Chair Russ Housely. 

Here is a forward: 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of IETF Chair
>Sent: 16 October, 2008 23:34
>To: Working Group Chairs
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009 
>
>In our continuing effort to ensure that IETF WGs are getting 
>enough meeting time to progress their work, we are conducting 
>another experiment.
>  Many WGs have found interim meetings an effective way to 
>tackle thorny technical issues, resolve contentious technical 
>issues, accelerate standards development, and provide traction 
>for new work.  As always, an interim WG meeting is not a 
>substitute for a regular session at the traditional IETF 
>meeting.  Since some WG Chairs and ADs have found the amount 
>of time necessary to put together an interim meeting can be 
>excessive, we are trying to reduce the effort necessary to 
>conduct an interim meeting to determine whether reducing this 
>burden will expedite IETF standards development.  To this end, 
>the Secretariat will facilitate a large interim meeting from 
>20-22 January 2009 in Malta.  If you are interested in 
>participating in this experiment, please contact your Area 
>Director for approval.  All face-to-face interim meetings 
>require AD approval, and this is no exception.  The IETF 
>Secretariat is putting together a program with three full days 
>and four tracks on each day.  Each WG interim meeting is 
>expected to consume at least one full day on one of the tracks.
>
>ADs will schedule the sessions.  A URL for the schedule will 
>be announced shortly.  Once it is available, if you detect a 
>scheduling conflict, please raise the concern with your AD for 
>resolution.  Session time is limited, and sessions will be 
>allocated first come, first served.
>
>The Secretariat will provide registration, food and beverage, 
>audio visual facilities, and on site registration support.  
>VeriLAN will provide network and audio streaming support.  It 
>is expected that the meeting fee will be $375 for early 
>registration and $475 for late registration.
>
>The Internet Society is looking for meeting sponsors for this event. 
>Anyone interested please contact Drew Dvorshak <[email-masked]>.
>
>Russ
>
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime