Subject: [Dime] diameter-api draft comparison

From: Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 05:22:42 +0100 (CET)

I have monitored this list before but I did not quite see a reason for 
taking part until I finished our implementation of Diameter and WebAuth.

I see that my earlier disagreement mail about 
draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api-06 from July has not been forwarded here; 
but it probably suffices to say that I am at a disagreement with that 
draft, both from a technical standpoint, and not less from a cosmetical 
one. While camelcase is something one can debate infinitely, I have to 
condemn the silly use of typedefs and long names. Some specified 
functions like AAAValueFromAVPCode do not make any sense at all.

Our API, which actually goes in line with an actual implementation 
around it, is described in its Developers Guide; a web copy is at 
http://circum.sf.net/circum_devguide.pdf . I especially encourage the 
draft's authors to compare.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime