Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6: Mobile Access Gateway and Local Mobility Anchor Interaction with Diameter Server' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6: Mobile Access Gateway and Local Mobility 
   Anchor Interaction with Diameter Server '
   <draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-04.txt

Technical Summary

This specification defines the Diameter support for the Proxy Mobile
IPv6 and the corresponding mobility service session setup. The
policy information needed by the Proxy Mobile IPv6 is defined in
mobile node's policy profile, which could be downloaded from the
Diameter server to the Mobile Access Gateway once the mobile node
attaches to a Proxy Mobile IPv6 Domain and performs access
authentication. During the binding update exchange between the
Mobile Access Gateway and the Local Mobility Anchor, the Local
Mobility Anchor can interact with the Diameter server in order to
update the remote policy store with the mobility session related
information.

Working Group Summary

This document was progressed through the DIME working group without
delays or problems.

Document Quality

This document is the product of the DIME working group. with support from
the NETLMM WG.  It is anticipated thatvendors interested in Proxy Mobile
IP are also going to implement the client side part of this protocol. The
current implementation status of this specification is, however, unknown.

Personnel

Hannes Tschofenig is the document shepherd for this document.
Dan Romascanu is the responsible AD.