Subject: [Dime] FW: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (2317)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:42:32 +0200

Dime WG,

Please assess this errata report. 

If I understand well then Souheil's observation is that more
Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVPs can be included. This seems more like a
Technical errata, which if accepted can create interoperability problems
with existing deployment. Am I correct? 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: RFC Errata System [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:31 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
Romascanu, Dan (Dan); [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (2317)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4072, "Diameter
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Application".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4072&eid=2317

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Souheil Ben Ayed <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.2.

Original Text
-------------
      <Diameter-EAP-Answer> ::= < Diameter Header: 268, PXY >

                                < Session-Id >

                                { Auth-Application-Id }

                                { Auth-Request-Type }

                                { Result-Code }

                                { Origin-Host }

                                { Origin-Realm }

                                [ User-Name ]

                                [ EAP-Payload ]

                                [ EAP-Reissued-Payload ]

                                [ EAP-Master-Session-Key ]

                                [ EAP-Key-Name ]

                                [ Multi-Round-Time-Out ]

                                [ Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method ]

                                [ Service-Type ]

Corrected Text
--------------
      <Diameter-EAP-Answer> ::= < Diameter Header: 268, PXY >

                                < Session-Id >

                                { Auth-Application-Id }

                                { Auth-Request-Type }

                                { Result-Code }

                                { Origin-Host }

                                { Origin-Realm }

                                [ User-Name ]

                                [ EAP-Payload ]

                                [ EAP-Reissued-Payload ]

                                [ EAP-Master-Session-Key ]

                                [ EAP-Key-Name ]

                                [ Multi-Round-Time-Out ]

                              * [ Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method ]

                                [ Service-Type ]

Notes
-----
When one or more EAP methods used for authenticating the user, for each
used EAP method an Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVP is added in the
Diameter-EAP-Answer with a successful result code. In the message format
of Diameter-EAP-Answer, one or more Accounting-EAP-Auth-Method AVPs can
be included.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please use
"Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. When a
decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG) can log in to change the
status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4072 (draft-ietf-aaa-eap-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
Application
Publication Date    : August 2005
Author(s)           : P. Eronen, Ed., T. Hiller, G. Zorn
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG