Subject: [Dime] [dime] #71 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): Active overload report even if OC-OLR is not received

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:57:06 -0000

#71: Active overload report even if OC-OLR is not received

 Answer message may not include OC-OLR and still the reporting node be
 overloaded, since it is considered as "no change", as documented in
 4.2.1.3:

    Reacting nodes do not delete an OCS when receiving an answer message
    that does not contain an OC-OLR AVP (i.e. absence of OLR means "no
    change").

 Original text:

 4.1.1.  Reacting Node Behavior (Normative)
       ...
       Note that the loss abatement algorithm is the only feature
       described in this document and it does not require action to be
       taken by the reacting node except when the answer message also has
       an overload report.  This behavior is described in Section 4.2 and
       Section 5.

 Proposed text:

 4.1.1.  Reacting Node Behavior (Normative)
       ...
       Note that the loss abatement algorithm is the only feature
       described in this document and it does not require action to be
       taken by the reacting node except when there is an active overload
 report.  This behavior is described in Section 4.2 and
       Section 5.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-dime-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli     |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/71>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:24:46 -0500

I agree to the proposed change.

Steve