Subject: [Dime] Diameter Time format and year 2036

From: Jeff Morriss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:22:29 -0400

Hi folks,

RFC 6733 says, in part:

>       This represents the number of seconds since 0h on 1 January 1900
>       with respect to the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
>
>       On 6h 28m 16s UTC, 7 February 2036, the time value will overflow.
>       Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) [RFC5905] describes a
>       procedure to extend the time to 2104.  This procedure MUST be
>       supported by all Diameter nodes.

However, I can find no such procedure in RFC 5905.  (Admittedly I have 
no read all 110 pages of the RFC but I've searched it fairly extensively.)

I *can* find the procedure in RFCs 2030 and 4330, the former being what 
RFC 3588 originally referred to when describing this procedure.

Was the RFC 5905 reference quoted above a search-and-replace mistake? 
Or am I just blind (and can't see it in 5905)?

Regards,
-Jeff