Subject: [Dime] [Errata Rejected] RFC6733 (4462)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 05:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4462

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Keshab Upadhya <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-09-01
Rejected by: Stephen Farrell (IESG)

Section: 6.1.4 6.1.6

Original Text
-------------
6.1.4.  Processing Local Requests

   A request is known to be for local consumption when one of the
   following conditions occurs:

   o  The Destination-Host AVP contains the local host's identity;

   o  The Destination-Host AVP is not present, the Destination-Realm AVP
      contains a realm the server is configured to process locally, and
      the Diameter application is locally supported; or

   o  Both the Destination-Host and the Destination-Realm are not
      present.

6.1.6.  Request Routing

   Diameter request message routing is done via realms and Application
   Ids. A Diameter message that may be forwarded by Diameter agents
   (proxies, redirect agents, or relay agents) MUST include the target
   realm in the Destination-Realm AVP.  Request routing SHOULD rely on
   the Destination-Realm AVP and the Application Id present in the
   request message header to aid in the routing decision.  The realm MAY
   be retrieved from the User-Name AVP, which is in the form of a
   Network Access Identifier (NAI).  The realm portion of the NAI is
   inserted in the Destination-Realm AVP.

   Diameter agents MAY have a list of locally supported realms and
   applications, and they MAY have a list of externally supported realms
   and applications.  When a request is received that includes a realm
   and/or application that is not locally supported, the message is
   routed to the peer configured in the routing table (see Section 2.7).

   Realm names and Application Ids are the minimum supported routing
   criteria, additional information may be needed to support redirect
   semantics.

Corrected Text
--------------
6.1.6 -
  When a request is received that includes a realm
   and/or application that is not locally supported, the message is
   routed to the peer configured

conflicts with 6.1.4 -
   The Destination-Host AVP is not present, the Destination-Realm AVP
      contains a realm the server is configured to process locally, and
      the Diameter application is locally supported

Notes
-----
please guide if 6.1.4 Local processing - "hostname not present" needs to be amended by "not present in host peer routing table". otherwise it conflicts with 6.1.6.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
DIME WG chairs report this is erroneous.

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG