Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 04:22:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Diameter Group Signaling
        Authors         : Mark Jones
                          Marco Liebsch
                          Lionel Morand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling-12.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-12-28

Abstract:
   In large network deployments, a single Diameter node can support over
   a million concurrent Diameter sessions.  Recent use cases have
   revealed the need for Diameter nodes to apply the same operation to a
   large group of Diameter sessions concurrently.  The Diameter base
   protocol commands operate on a single session so these use cases
   could result in many thousands of command exchanges to enforce the
   same operation on each session in the group.  In order to reduce
   signaling, it would be desirable to enable bulk operations on all (or
   part of) the sessions managed by a Diameter node using a single or a
   few command exchanges.  This document specifies the Diameter protocol
   extensions to achieve this signaling optimization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-group-signaling-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/